I am a Research Fellow in Computer Engineering at DEIS (Dipartimento di Elettronica Informatica e Sistemistica) at the University of Bologna.
I work in the field of Distributed Systems and Computer Networks.
My current research activity is mainly focused on:
- Mobile Computing
- Middleware for Multimedia Streaming (see the MUM and the LEM home pages)
- Session Management and Standardization Technologies for Next Generation Networks (see IHMAS and SAIR home pages)
- Context-aware Middleware for Context Data Dissemination in Mobile Environemnts (see the SALES and the RECOWER home pages)
- Middleware for Integration and Management of WSN and other Mobile Wireless Networks (see the WHOO home page)
- Platforms for service and mobile apps recommendation (see the SAIR home page)
- Cloud Computing and Management of Cloud Systems
- Reliable and Scalable Data Distribution in Internet-scale Environments (see the REVENGE home page)
- Mobile Agents (see the SOMA home page)
Other areas of interest are:
- Message Oriented and Data Distribution Middleware (see the REVENGE home page)
- Object Oriented and Component Based Distributed Architectures (CORBA, EJB, DCOM)
I'm currently involved in the following research projects:
- MIUR Negotiated Project FIRB, Strategic Program Enabling Technologies for the Information Society - Objective 2: Networks and Net-computing, "WEB-MINDS: Middleware for Advanced Services over Large-Scale Wired-Wireless Systems", Coordinator Prof. Giovanni Chiola (2003-2005).
- CNR Strategic Project, Funding Area: Enabling Software Platforms for Complex Distributed Objects, "IS-MANET: Middleware for Mobile Ad Hoc Networks and their Applications", Coordinator Prof. Carlo Ghezzi (2003-2005).
Conference and Workshop Organization Activities
I'm currently collaborating with the followign research groups:
Luca Foschini: Support Infrastructures for Multimedia Services with Guaranteed Continuity and QoS. Ph.D. Thesis in Computer Engineering, University of Bologna, Italy, April 2007.
[pdf Ph.D. thesis @ lia]
- Luca Foschini: IMS-based Middleware Solutions for Advanced Management of Mobile Multimedia Services, May 2009.